Hi Hawktrader,Yes, I've factored in chances of vaccine injury &...

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Hi Hawktrader,

Yes, I've factored in chances of vaccine injury & death. Due to my age bracket, I chose not to get AZ. Also, I waited 9 months so I could assess Pfizer.

There's no unexpected excess deaths in the vaccinated population. That tells me vaccinations aren't killing many people.

I'm prepared to get another shot if required, but I'm not sure it will be needed. I'll be receiving my second shot in mid-October. We will be opening up in a few months time, I'm tipping that I'll probably contract the virus, fight it off, and have best protection possible before I need any booster.

Vaccination + breakthrough infection appears to give the same level of protection, if not better, going forward as a "natural" infection. So, the question to me really becomes;

How sick do I want to possibly get upon initial infection? My answer is that I want to reduce my risk of illness upon initial infection. My guess is that over the next 6 months, a hospital is the last place I want to spend any time because they are going to be slammed. Quality of care will fall & people will die due simply to the over-stressing of the system. That's a big avoid for me.

If something is going to go wrong with a vaccine it generally happens in the first few months. There's no evidence of that yet. Asking about what might happen in 5 years time is also like asking about what negative impacts a rampant COVID infection might have on your body 5 years from now. Well, we actually already know that severe infection can cause irreversible lung & heart damage.

Cheers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.