Hi zipperlip,The vaccines were far more effective at stopping...

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Hi zipperlip,

The vaccines were far more effective at stopping transmission against the original strain of COVID.

The problem is the variants. From what we know now, it was unrealistic to hope that all countries around the World would implement measures to reduce transmission to a minimum & buy time for vaccines, thus reducing the likelihood of variants.

If the vaccines were able to be blanket deployed across the World, against something close to the original strain, we'd be all in a much better position.

Yes the jury is still out for me regarding vaccination of children. I'm not advocating that as yet. I don't think kids should be vaccinated in some attempt to help the elderly, if it's proven that there's a higher risk for children receiving the vaccine vs contracting COVID.

The current vaccines still offer great protection against Delta. IMO that's what we'll be contracting. You don't need the exact "correct" anti-bodies to achieve high protection. The aim is to not get sick or die from initial infections.

Cheers!

Last edited by squidd: 20/09/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.