the current market, page-29

1. 9,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Sorry all last post on this tonight but it is important to make note that what a cfd may have u believe is a real market is often not . I could also be wrong so dub check for yourselves .

My last point is when do daily bars change ?????????????

A cfd daily bar can be different to a futures bar and far different from a cash market bar [obviously].

On spi my daily bars start at 9.50 am and finish at 4.30 pm
    On dax they start at 4pm and finish at 6 am .

On cfd's many only give an option of using the combined day and night sessions [spi]

The old fashioned way was u would only hand chart daily from 9.50 to 4.30 and never add sycom session

Some futures traders run daily spi charts from midnight to midnight so their daily opens and closes are substantialy different to what many others use .

I think and fear that the proper way to do Dax is 4 pm or even 5 pm Syd time up to the settlement period and not to the end of the nightly session but each to their own . The trick on dax is to always get the settlement period number and not just the nightly close as the next day is often drawn to the settlement number . U can get the settlement number from the eurex link i provided , just slide the blue bar across a bit and write down the number .

cheers g
    sorry if im woffling but it is important one understands the differences and I do note this is a cfd forum but some cfd's are based on cash markets and some fut's and some combined to fool the masses .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.