E25 0.00% 19.5¢ element 25 limited

The Dawn of EV, page-427

1. 639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59

BYD has doubled down on making affordable batteries at scale — and has bet on the technology to achieve that goal. At its 2020 annual results, the company said it would stop plans for nickel-cobalt-manganese battery adoption, which most car and battery makers are set on. Instead, BYD has turned all its attention to so-called lithium iron phosphate, or LFPs, for its so-called Blade battery, which was released early last year.

Wang’s focus on LFPs is turning out to be a game-changer. It’s cheaper and more readily usable. The chemistry is far more stable than the up-and-coming NCM type that promises to take cars hundreds of kilometers further but isn’t as safe. Meanwhile, the flat Blade battery takes up less space and reduces the weight of the car, another problem automakers have had to contend with. BYD has managed to bring costs down by almost 30% and reduce the number of parts while also boosting efficiency.

I copied the above from an article in Bloomberg news service

It talks about the large stake Warren Buffet has in BYD and how succesful the investment is.

No new news but I'm underestimating how clever WB et al are. Is there someone amongst us who knows more about this technology

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add E25 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
19.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.5¢ 21.5¢ 19.5¢ $14.25K 71.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14869 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
21.0¢ 13000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
E25 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.