Now this is where I have trouble comprehending you sometimes and...

1. 22,909 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Now this is where I have trouble comprehending you sometimes and not just you?
    Your quoted verses - Jesus if referring to "a" prophesy, a future event, Jesus was to be sent as "a" light to the Gentiles etc and I will cover shortly.

My intention in discussing this one area, is not to condemned, but so we can discuss it and keep it to one verse of John so it doesn't go up a gum tree. I'm sure you want truth as I and I am trying to understand how, why the likes of yourself come to or draw your conclusions, considering the "whole" weight of evidence as set out in the Bible.
    At times, yes I point the finger but I expect or at least hope, if your convinced your following the Spirit of truth, anything I say should run off you like water off a Ducks back, God word is our shield, protector etc if one has the truth of it.

A puzzling part of your replies generally and as you have done with this one - What have you done with the many verses in support of what I say?
    Do you just brush them aside?

1 John 1:5 makes it very Clear, God is light and the Bible makes it very clear also, light is referenced to as metaphorical and literal and those references, Rev etc I have given.
    So if God is light and there is light in him which comes out of him, in/by His Word abiding in you etc, as you say Jesus was God's first creation, "Clearly" that says, The True light was there before Jesus.
    On the metaphorical side of it, literal as well, God's word/spirit and light are one in the same.
    Psa 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Obviously this aligns with the narrow path subject etc.
    You are born again "by" the word of God, it is the Seed and it, brings life eternal, which was in the Beginning with God, before Jesus and known as, it is The Word of Life 1 John 1:1-2.

So Jesus, coming to "finish" the Fathers work -
    John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak, he brought that enternal life which was with the Father in the beginning and the Building Blocks for it and the first of God's creations was His Alphabet to bring His word/light into the world which was also made by it/Him.
    50. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting;....................Hence John 12:46 I am come "a" light into the world, that whoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
    Abiding in Jesus means/includes, believing in the words of His Father that he spoke and this will then, bring you into the Fathers light and all going well, you become children of the light/Father/Spirit/word.
    Jesus became the first Child of this Light/God.

John tells us, Jesus spoke the words of God, "because" or "for" he received the Spirit without measure.
    He was anointed with The Spirit "for" he was the speak, preach the word of God.
    Jesus, speaking his Fathers words says - They are Spirit and life. The more of the word abiding in you (acting upon it), the more of God's Spirit one receives because - They are one in the same, from The One. The more of, the more you are guided, led by the hand as the Bible tells us.
    You are to walk in God, His name, walk in the Spirit, walk in the word and walk in the light = All roads lead to Rome = God.

Hence Jesus says, while I am in the world, I am the light of the world = He was to leave and hence, the Holy Spirit would go and that being the Light as well (same thing), so Jesus sent another, pretty much the same, The Holy Spirit, The Comforter where Both him and God will come to you.
    The word is living and active "because" it is from The Spirit of God, God and living in you, both metaphorical and literal.
    Hence Jesus says, those of God, hear God's word and the Sheep hear my voice, are you not hearing?

Light in the Future - Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign (light) of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
    Isa 46:13 And part thereof - And I will place salvation (Jesus) in Zion for Israel my glory. His Glory and His light/word are entwined/interchanged.
    Isa 49:6 And part thereof - I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be "my" salvation to the end of the earth.
    Hence,,,,,, He was given the Name Jesus = God's Salvation.

So Mr G, there are many lights from the Fathers light and Jesus being the first.
    God is our Father of Lights, if you insist Jesus is the true light in John, YOU are saying, he is your Father.
    Jesus you could say, carried the torch of the Father, banner, for which he passed on to people.
    I'm trying to pass it on to you, but you keep dropping it (ha). In a relay, the whole team has to be on board, same mind as you know, Jesus and God are not divided.

Luke 2:26-32, Acts 13:47, Acts 26:23 and so on.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.