During our student free days this year we got lectured and what...

1. 718 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    During our student free days this year we got lectured and what felt like - hated on - for 2 hours from our Indigenous Elder Aunty ...... They are definately lying to make them look civilised.

We were told they are now a 120 000 year old culture (yep),
    They were Chemists - because they can rub this plant on that wound - no knowledge as to why.
    They were astromoners - they looked at stars and made stories (Astrology more like it - fantasy)
    They had a deep understanding of flight - the boomerage had an aerofoil - that's about it - no glider or plane.
    When they first were freed from being enslaved - they were paid in Opium not money. (that is nasty of the colonisers - or was that the Chinese paying them??)
    The parents do not look after the kids - the rest of the family do this - we were told don't send bills to mum, it's not her responsability?!?!
    The children are disadvantaged by our schooling system - yet the family are the ones who remove the kids from our class for a variety of reasons, to look after siblings etc..., The school is now removing them from class to have culture sessions - how will this help in a Western System??
    They did not tolerate other tribes/clans - so much that they do NOT talk to their in-laws once married (I think I got that right - not sure, it was wierd and unclear when she was talking about the family stuff and the massive division amongst them all!!)
    But then she said - when she got "married" she then was married to his brothers as well so they all had the rights as a "husband" if they choose..
    Because of the Stolen generation, indeginous people believe they do not know who they are "related" to so they make it easy and marry white fellas (insert laughter here as she did).

After 40 000+ years they clearly did not have..,

• A Number system
    • Clothing
    • Use of Metals
    • Agriculture
    • Housing
    • Unity
    • Equality
    • A Monetary system

Most Indigenous people I meet/teach are actually happy to have our Western lifestyle - I don't understand the minority who push division onto everyone. Look how much they benefit from our technology. Don't get me wrong, the majorirty appear to be grateful.

Neo

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.