XJO 0.58% 8,045.0 s&p/asx 200

DMC1. I learned an insane amount from some of the older hands on...

1. 5,311 Posts.
    DMC

1. I learned an insane amount from some of the older hands on HC when I first started out. There can be a lot of work in finding our edge in the markets and not everyone does. There is some good info on HC but like any forum, you have to sort through some noise.

2. Yep, agree with this one. Although I don't believe it's possible to be completely emotion free. A little pain when a position goes against you is healthy as it helps to cut it sooner.

3. Agree with this one too. All part of the learning process. Someone told me that if you can't make money with a small trading account, then you can't make money with a big one either. For that reason I started quite small. I payed (and still pay) for trading lessons but listening to that piece of advice has saved me a fortune. When I first started trading options, I copped a few 20-30% hits to my trading account through big spreads and inexperience. Even with a small account that hurts, but imagine the damage if I had started with a big account and borrowed to fund it.

BDZ, trading has made me open my mind more to others opinions and also taught me self analysis/control. I am definitely an opinionated person but I have learnt to justify my opinions and admit when I am wrong. Possibly one of the best things I have taken from trading.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.