PLS 3.17% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

My guess is that people currently paying more to get the...

1. 382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 198
    My guess is that people currently paying more to get the "futuristic" EV feeling right now are more likely to be driving a Tesla.

As for the price trajectories, people pay more for just about everything not made in China. I'm not saying it's good. It's the outcome of globalisation pursued vigorously over the decades, I think it was Reagan and Thatcher that started the ball rolling, wasn't it? Now seemingly everything is made in China. It's "futuristic" in a similar way dystopian science fiction is futuristic. "Bladerunner" is futuristic.

But if the technology allows the Chinese to make cheaper EVs, the Koreans, Japanese, Europeans and Americans should be able to do the same, and make their own EV models with similar cost advantages over their ICE products. So we contemplate the prospect of a German-made EV VW cheaper than the equivalent German-made ICE VW model. Likewise with Japanese-made Toyotas. They are all a bit slower off the mark, so they might need help from the Chinese along the way. I was surprised to read that Toyota is getting BYD to build drivetrains for its latest EV. It already uses BYD batteries in the BZ4X.

Hyundai seem to be ahead of the pack, I just read that their EV platform has been in development for 7 years, I didn't see any reference to it using Chinese components (but it might, I'm not sure). VW also looks quite advanced - Ford, Audi, Cupra and Skoda marques also use its EV platform.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.05
Change
-0.100(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.185B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.15 $3.02 $74.55M 24.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 89482 $3.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.05 37502 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.