PLS 0.00% $3.11 pilbara minerals limited

The definitive EV thread. No spin. No BS., page-321

1. 1,026 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 780
    I am not certain, though I agree self driving cars would reduce the road toll.

However, that is not the issue.

People hate the idea that something they cannot control can make a faulty decision, as opposed to something breaking down, like a brake cable.
    People are more likely to forgive the manufacturer and installer of that brake than they would for the developer of the AI that deliberately chooses to steer into an oncoming bus because of some extremely unlikely lighting condition.

So, there are two main problems:
    1: the govt has to agree with it. Some experiments happen here and there, mostly in California, but most govt's are very slow to act, and politicians are easily swayed by public opinion - which is easily influenced by sensational reporting of very rare events.

2: if an accident happens, and my "car" is at fault, who is to blame? Me for owning the car? Personally I think the manufacturer should bear responsibility for all accident insurance. So I think the insurers and the auto makers need to resolve this issue. I would hate to be held responsible for my car choosing to accidentally kill somebody.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.11
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.360B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.18 $3.08 $89.18M 28.54M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 940080 $3.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.11 223576 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.