PLS 0.93% $3.26 pilbara minerals limited

"So, if you drive a 2.4 ton SUV vs my 1.2 ton small car then you...

1. 462 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    "So, if you drive a 2.4 ton SUV vs my 1.2 ton small car then you are doing 16 times more damage to the road than I am for each km travelled. But you and I pay the same tax."

This is patently false on all accounts. The registration of a 2.5T 4X4 accounts for the 3.5T towing capacity and is charged a much much higher registration fee than the alleged 1.2T small car based on the potential 6T and 3 or 4 axels. To pick apart this statement further, being so pro EV, are you stating you dont actually own one by admitting your car only weight 1.2T? Especially since the smallest BEV available, the Nissan Leaf, has a GVM of 2T?! And how did you reach a "16 times more damage" figure, which is exponential? Using CAGW maths where bigger sounds better but isnt really true?

"Now we need to remember that ICEs get their petrol from servos, and servos get it from trucks coming from the refineries. If the ICEs go away so will the thousands of daily trips by the tankers, and save even more damage to the roads, and of course some traffic accidents."

Some traffic accidents? How many are caused by a professional driver with hazardous goods tickets that take years to attain? And if Im not mistaken, each one of those trucks pays a proportional amount of tax through higher fuel consumption due to their mass and higher registration taxes due to their GVM and axel count.

So in one single post you have admitted to not owning an EV despite waxing lyrical about their advantages and you have no idea how taxes work in the transport sector.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.26
Change
0.030(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $9.811B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.26 $3.31 $3.20 $93.80M 28.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 36000 $3.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.27 487563 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.