PLS 3.83% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

The definitive EV thread. No spin. No BS., page-876

1. 1,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 809
    Smart, eh?

Why cant the main battery keep the other topped up?
    Car is only 7 years old - chances are the small battery is not lithium else it would have lasted a lot longer.

I don't know how it is set up but logically the small battery is only needed to monitor the brake pedal and trigger the relay switch for the main battery to kick off the starter motor. So it does not need to be powerful. A $50 battery from a smartphone should be enough.

It is no different from the little battery in computers to keep the clock running and restart when you move the mouse.

And the relay - for crying out loud, how expensive is a relay?

These modern ICE cars have become so complicated. Problem is they are built by companies without an IT background, unlike Tesla, so their user interface is poor. My car comes with a navigator - it is bl..dy hopeless - they would have done much better placing an ipad there and saved themselves the development cost of their dumb system.

I remember years ago when digital cameras were starting out: an executive from either Nikon or Canon said what rubbish - the IT side is easy, the hard thing is the lens.
    Now look where things are now - most people (not pros) - will take better photos every time with a modern apple/samsung/pixel than they can with an SLR.
    In 2003 I did buy a digital camera from Nikon - it was hopeless and incredibly difficult to operate. I took it back and lost $500. So I continued to use my old Nikon SLR. Now I only use my pixel.

It is taking a while for the traditional automakers to wake up and embrace the new tech. But they have to understand that they need to engage people with different skills. BYD did it - that is why the traditional automakers are falling behind. Yes their cars might look sleeker, the leather seats are more comfy
    but the guts of their cars is not (yet).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.110(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $8.969B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.99 $3.10 $2.95 $98.90M 32.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 16986 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 175531 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.