PLS 2.64% $3.32 pilbara minerals limited

You're probably right, Robek, but consider this. The Chinese...

1. 11,029 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1971
    You're probably right, Robek, but consider this. The Chinese were well aware that they had product quality issues before they entered into their plan of become the EV manufacturer to the world. They're forward thinking, unlike the West. In any case, for the most part, they have solved this problem with the use of high-tech robotics, removing the fallible human element. So, the big Chinese car players that were in a financial position, capitalized by using the best high tech robotics money could buy, which in turn produced a far better-quality product - equal to or better than any US legacy manufacturers can produce, and for cheaper, given labor costs variations.
    As a like example, I have on my wrist a robotic made, Chinese Patek Philips tribute watch (a fake by any other name) costing circa $30 Ozzy dollars, landed. The Real McCoy Swiss, handmade Patek in the same model goes for circa $250,000 eek.png. And yet, I often wear the Chinese tribute Patek in preference to my Rolex, Tag Heurs and other expensive Swiss made watches, because the quality is quite remarkable for a mere $30, thanks to advanced robotics. Not that I would wear the imposter Patek on a deep-sea diving expedition, given I doubt that its waterproof beyond a 20 feet wink.png. Conversely, it keeps better time than the real auto Patek, given the Chinese, robotic made quartz movement. Put it down to one of the many ambiguities of horology.

Nevertheless, my
    obvious point, Robek, it that we can no longer judge Chinese product quality as we did in days gone by, given their manufacturing capabilities have increased with the advent of high-tech production methods. They are now equal to advanced economies in the world of high tech, including robotics. Like Japan after WW11, China has morphed from the days of producing cheap crap to quality products - and like Japan's experience, perceptions will change. And it's all about the exponential speed with which high tech is advancing. It took the Japanese more than 40 years to change its product quality and human perceptions. China will probably do it in ten.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.32
Change
-0.090(2.64%)
Mkt cap ! $9.992B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.35 $3.41 $3.31 $89.32M 26.72M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 294146 $3.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.32 107033 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$3.30
  Change
-0.090 ( 4.20 %)
Open High Low Volume
$3.35 $3.41 $3.30 11110521
Last updated 16.03pm 13/06/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.