the difference between heaven and hell , page-3

1. 27,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Here is the rub whereu. It doesn't matter what we thing really does it ? There has to be a truth. One truth. Truth is not subjective but a fact about reality. Man has always tailor made "his" truth and substituted it for fact to feel good and justify his behaviour and stabilise his state of mind.

Some people don't believe in God.. How do they arrive at that truth?

The origins of the universe are unexplainable . Because of this and the surroundings I can see , hear and touch , causes me to believe a creative mathmatical emotional genius must be in control.

I agree that reality is not changed by what we think.

But, it's OK to have opinions.

In my opinion truth can only be subjective because we have no idea when we have arrived at the the truth.

For example you say that "the origins of the universe are unexplainable . Because of this and the surroundings I can see , hear and touch , causes me to believe a creative mathematical emotional genius must be in control." is a stand that you take based (I think) on your understanding and experience.

I don't think there is a way of proving or disproving this.

Similarly there is no way to disprove the existence of God. Even atheists agree with this. Their stand is that they have yet to see evidence that shows that God exists.

We don't know that origins of the universe are unexplainable. All we can say that we currently do not have an explanation. This is not the only thing that we have not yet explained. For example we don't know how life started, we don't know what most the universe is made of - we call it dark matter and energy, but don't know what it is.

I don't believe that absence of knowledge proves the existence of God, anymore than I believe that absence of knowledge of how God came into being proves the absence of God.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.