the difference between heaven and hell , page-4

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    Here is the rub whereu.

there is no "rub". to attempt to refute the OP shows there is "no rub"

It doesn't matter what we think really does it?

it certainly does matter what we actually experience & particularly how & what we think. happiness & unhappiness come from what we think. these two things really matter because an experiencable happiness can be found that is free from unhappiness

Buddha explained:

"Monks, before my self-awakening, when I was still unawakened , the thought occurred to me: 'Why don't I keep dividing my thinking into two sorts?' So I made thinking imbued with sensuality, thinking imbued with ill will, & thinking imbued with harmfulness one sort, and thinking imbued with renunciation, thinking imbued with non-ill will, & thinking imbued with harmlessness another sort.

And as I remained thus heedful, ardent, & resolute, thinking imbued with sensuality...ill will...harmfulness arose in me. I discerned that 'Thinking imbued with sensuality...ill will...harmfulness has arisen in me; and that leads to my own affliction or to the affliction of others or to the affliction of both. It obstructs wisdom, promotes vexation & does not lead to Freedom & Peace.'

And as I remained thus heedful, ardent, & resolute, thinking imbued with renunciation...good will...harmlessness arose in me. I discerned that 'Thinking imbued with renunciation...good will...harmlessness has arisen in me; and that leads neither to my own affliction, nor to the affliction of others, nor to the affliction of both. It fosters discernment, promotes lack of vexation, & leads to Freedom & Peace.

Whatever a person keeps pursuing with his thinking & pondering, that becomes the inclination of his mind.

Dvedhavitakka Sutta: Two Sorts of Thinking

There has to be a truth. One truth.

truth can only be experienced. there is no truth beyond real experience

Truth is not subjective but a fact about reality.

truth is experienced by the living mind and the real causes of happiness & unhappiness are the most important truths (realities)

Man has always tailor made "his" truth

yes. believing in an unseen unexperienced "God" is this tailoring of what does not exist as "truth"

and substituted it for fact to feel good and justify his behaviour and stabilise his state of mind.

believing in "God" is this substitute for "truth"

Some people don't believe in God.

absolutely, because there is no evidence or experience of a "God". how can one believe in something for which there is no evidence in experience?

How do they arrive at that truth?

easily. by having a mind & with proper observation & introspection, they realise the causes of happiness & the causes of unhappiness, which are the most essential truths

for example, by having a nervous system, we quickly learn fire burns. more subtlely, we can develop the science of "the soul" in the same way

The origins of the universe are unexplainable .

the origins of the universe is materialism. it is unrelated to "truth". for example, when Jesus said: "the truth will set you free", he was not refer to the laws of physics, chemistry & biology. instead, he was referring to the state of mind that brings real joy & peace

Because of this and the surroundings I can see , hear and touch

actually, little evidence has been provided of to see, hear & touch (feel) spiritually.

causes me to believe a creative mathmatical emotional genius must be in control

not so. to actually see into the mind, by listening to silence & touch the heart, the mind experiences the truths of happiness & suffering

Buddha taught, with truth:

I saw — by means of the divine eye, purified & surpassing the human — beings rising & falling in accordance with their kamma (actions): 'These beings — who were endowed with bad conduct of body, speech & mind, who reviled noble ones, held wrong views and undertook actions under the influence of wrong views...have appeared in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, in hell. But these beings — who were endowed with good conduct of body, speech, & mind, who did not revile noble ones, who held right views and undertook actions under the influence of right views...have appeared in the good destinations, in the heavenly world.'

regards

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.