ARV 41.7% 1.7¢ artemis resources limited

The "DIRT" went 11.8 grams per tonne, page-63

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    "The consistent nature of the nuggets is thought to relate to emplacement in a high energy, submarine environment associated with glacial transgression and regression."

Having trouble understanding what that means can you elaborate?

From reading the scientific paper on Novo's website about the WWR, the conclusion is that the gold in the conglomerate at WWR was basically formed by water containing chemically dissolved gold (and/or gold as minute inclusions in various minerals)
    flowing in creeks/rivers into a big basin during the Archean period when there was not much oxygen or possibly no oxygen at all in the earths atmosphere. The theory those authors favour if I understand it correctly is that bacteria (carbon based life) living in the creeks/rivers somehow caused the dissolved gold to form into micro/macro gold grains and then further process of water movement could have caused the gold associated with carbon to become freed from the carbon later. See schematics from the paper below.

My understanding is to "grow" a nugget of gold from a solution you need conditions to remain pretty much unchanged for a long time as the precipitation of more gold around the "seed" piece of gold (for lack of a better term) happens slowly.

I can't see how a high energy submarine environment is consistent with nugget formation in a situation were gold is being precipitated from a solution. The periods of high energy submarine activity would be periods where the nugget growth would cease in my opinion if I understand the processes proposed for gold mineralisation at WWF in that paper correctly. Obviously there may be other theories. There is one theory I saw in an abstract in Nature that proposes the cause to be volcanic acid rain but it effectively also seems to rely on the presence of biological life forms (organic material) existing in shallow lakes and ponds. Esh

http://www.nature.com/ngeo/journal/v8/n3/full/ngeo2344.html?foxtrotcallback=true

You cant read it easily but the text pointing to the little box in (c) below says "Buckshot pyrite and nucleate and grow as waters become stagnant"

WWR 3.PNG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.005(41.7%)
Mkt cap ! $32.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.5¢ 1.7¢ 1.5¢ $480.0K 31.11M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 520000 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 199419 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.