Rubbish. My wife and I have worked casual all of our lives....

1. 3,129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Rubbish.
    My wife and I have worked casual all of our lives. Because you are flexible you get offered more shifts not less. You can work the weekends and public holidays for the better rates and the when work is slack you can take time off or tour as you please. I used to fly back from which ever state I was in to carry out shutdowns for my preferred clients.
    The biggest problems we have had is that sometimes it is difficult to get the time off that you want. Having said that we always aimed to only work 6 months per year average but at one place, building a new plant I worked 18 months straight without one day off, including christmas and easter. Once the bank read our resume we have had 3 loans and now have acreage where we live and two rentals (all but paid for). We loved the casual work life and got to see the world. At one stage even spending 3 months in Europe. We resumed our casual work habits when we returned without a problem.
    In the 80s in the recession we decide that we might as well be somewhere else out of work as where we were, so we built an old bus into a mobile home and traveled Oz for 4 years working as we went.
    The casual work style also means that you can take work offers that you wouldn't have been able to if you were permanent.
    I would absolutely recommend it to any one with half an ounce of self motivation. It is on of the best decisions we have made in life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.