GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

"That said, I know Ainslie is very low on physical silver at the...

1. 568 Posts.
    "That said, I know Ainslie is very low on physical silver at the moment".

When I bought at ainslies on Monday I couldn't get their most commonly sold item, the 1kg silver bar, in the amount I wanted. I got lumbered with a Broken Hill 14 kg bar and only six 1kg bars.
    The old hand there, Brian, said they were exceptionally busy with people coming through the door. He sounded pretty hassled. He got distracted so much that I had to email him twice and phone once to get my quote emailed. He also made a mistake in quoting me by phone one 13kg bar and seven 1kg bars. The emailed confirmation turned out to be, as I said, a 14kg and six 1kg bars. They're doing very brisk business and it must be on the buying side if they have scarcity in 1kg bars. He also failed to tell me that I could just write a cheque and deposit it to their account at any Westpac branch. I thought they needed 'cleared funds' on the day of locking the price. I couldn't electronically direct transfer that amount account to account, because of NAB limit on amount of transfer in one day. So I had to go in person to NAB and arrange a telegraphic transfer. That cost $35 and a big hassle. I was pretty annoyed with old Brian.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.