IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

the ed sector... opportunity and challenges, page-2

1. 85,804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    morning,

I read the forum and I have to say unless I am getting the wrong impression, most complaints are because people want to use the product - but the organisations involved haven't at this point paid for the service.

What do they expect. Do they expect the books in their libraries to be donated by book companies. Do they want Mac to donate machines for free so they have access to computers in computer labs.

Lets get real here - a state education budget is a massive figure -- a $100k licence fee for an entire department is about the cost of 1 teacher.

As to a University - let's take a small one - a small University has millions of dollars in assets, millions in annual budget - it normally has hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of art hanging in it's buildings that it owns. A university has millions of dollars tied up in sporting venues as do many schools. All built by people who very much did not work for free.

And they want Nearmap for free?

They 'sell' their education service - it is NOT free, in fact it is very expensive.

Whether or not Nearmap charging or not charging education services is strategically a good move or not is one issue - but for the whimpering little voices coming from departments and organisations who want a service for free that shareholders put up their money to build and provide for that ongoing service is completely another matter.

I would say to any people involved in these organisations - if you want this service and you haven't got it at present - then make some noise inside your organisation - or maybe start providing your own service for free, we might look differently if that were the case.

have a great morning all

Pinto

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.