IMM 20.3% 35.5¢ immutep limited

the elephant in the room, page-44

1. 2,560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    It would seem to me the two threads currently being discussed "the elephant in the room" and "more Dubai news" may be related.
    The major lesson learnt from Dendreon and its release onto the US market was how do you charge for the service and the relationship between patient,doctor,Govt,hospital and health benfits funds in the way you charge.While in the future for PRR the way money is collected for the service may vary from country to country and possibly health fund to health fund,I am thinking the way it is being rolled out in Dubai is an attempt to tackle the problems Denderon had with its rolling out of its prostate treatment in the US.
    The hugh upfront costs doctors had to carry when they used Denderon and the slow repayments from health benefits fund has been reported as a major factor in the slow uptake. This happened at a pivotal point in the rollout,that has had a disasterous effects on Denderons bottom line.In Dubai we are told payments for CVAC will be made in small increments and over time. We can see PRR management is learning from DNDN's mistakes.
    This is a lesson on how to rollout a costly health product.
    Of course there are many other differences detweeen the 2 products,the major being at this point of time CVAC has no competition,whereas there are alternatives to Denderon and at a much lower cost.Also while CVAC is initially to be used for sufferers of ovarian cancer,the press release tells us their intention is to use it on other specific cancers.
    It would seem that CVAC is about to be rolled out in Dubai and apart from opening up the Middle East to PRR(they now have the world covered)they can also trial it on a number of cancers and also trial how it is rolled out.

and now for a bit of poetry
    The decoupling of PRR and DNDN is nigh.....possibly in Dubia

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.