CDU 0.00% 23.5¢ cudeco limited

"the end of march hath come", page-69

1. 2,206 Posts.
    Interesting to see another extension Aka.

Some type of strategy playing out maybe. We know the final bulk sample testing done over 5 months was due to be finalised around end of April.

I also think our EIS for mining at Las Minerale has one big advantage over Exco, the absence of Uranium in the Las Minerale ore.This is a BIG advantage to Cudeco.

Unfortunatly at present in QLD, any uranium contamination in ore only penalises the miner in their quest for a ML.

I believe on these points its hard to compare the 2 EIS documents and even though Exco maybe 6 mths down the submission path, we may well get approval before them.

From pg18 of Exco's assesment report by the QLD DERM.

"The Exco proposal refers to potential recovery of uranium elements should there be a change in government polity. The
    submitted EIS provides no assessment of the potential impacts on water, ecological and air values from radioactive elements that may be extracted with the ore or waste rock.

The EM plan is required to include an assessment of the potential impacts on water, ecological and air values
    from extracting, processing and disposing of radioactive elements, and should propose appropriate mitigation
    measures for all potential impacts.
    To address the potential presence of radioactive (or radiogenic) minerals, Exco resources is required to prepare
    a radioactive mineral assessment proposal that includes:
    1. Tests for all potentially radioactive elements by taking statistically valid samples from each lithological unit and analysing for all elements that are potentially radioactive; and
    2. From review of the data provided by these tests, if specific lithologies or areas of the mine contain elevated
    elements with the potential to be radioactive, then further isotopic studies are required to determine the
    radioactive or radiogenic nature of these elements, including the nature of any decay products and the
    potential for impacts on the environment.
    The investigations for neutral mine drainage and radioactive minerals should consider surface and groundwater hydrology, climatic conditions, topography and environmental values.

Exco Resources should note that where the results of the proposals for neutral mine drainage and radioactive
    mineral assessment identify an increased risk of potential environmental harm; changes in mine management
    will be required, which could include:
    ? revision of the mine site design (including waste rock dumps and tailings storage facility);
    ? selectively handle waste rock with modified procedures;
    ? modification of surface and drainage water management and monitoring (refer to the section on water
    resources for further information on this aspect); and
    ? making any other changes to the monitoring, handling or disposal of waste rock relevant to management of
    radioactive materials."
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.