the endless attacks, page-16

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    The basic difference I see is that Abbott had a purpose and good reason for his ceaseless attacks because Labor was incompetent and sending the country down the gurgler . Even the Laborites would have to agree with that.

Similarly it was not a majority government but relied on the votes of people who were elected on the premise that they would be independent .

I don't really think the present Labor Opposition has had enough time to formulate what they would do ,the easiest route for any opposition is to scream blue murder and that's what they're doing.

You would have to say though that the attacks on Abbott's family are a bit rich and far too early in the piece . I think the attacks on the budget are standard stock fare for an opposition ,and Labor also has a well drilled social media presence and of course their allies in the media and the ABC who are doing a good job of blurring fact with opinion.

I'm sort of wondering whether they've gone off half cocked too early and thrown everything bar the kitchen sink at it . You've also got those greens delusionals who have an even more extreme agenda than Labor.

So yes ,it's early days yet ,it might be difficult to keep it up for the term ,though looking at these threads not even a locomotive would stop some of these people

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.