HIJABin light of the Quran and Sunnah Evidences:The obligation...

1. 1,541 Posts.

HIJABin light of the Quran and Sunnah

Evidences:The obligation of hijab

I still do not see what can bother when the Woman observes the veil every time she leaves her house.It is simply the Islamic dress that the texts of the Holy Quran and the Hadiths of the Messenger of Allah have unequivocally determined and that the Judeo-Christian religion conveyed

Thewives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the callof nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives beveiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a thewife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umaraddressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so,as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils bythe Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of"Al-Hijab" (33:59) {Sahih Bukhari 1:148}

OProphet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers todraw their cloaks (JALABIB) all over their bodies. That will be better, thatthey should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. AndAllah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. {Surah Al-Ahzab: Ayah 59}

NB:The arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outergarment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb tocover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree uponby all scholars)

'Aisha used to say: "When (theVerse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' wasrevealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered theirfaces with the cut pieces." {Sahih Bukhari 6:282}

NarratedUmm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin: When the verse "That they should cast theirouter garments over their persons" was revealed, the women of Ansar cameout as if they had crows over their heads by wearing outer garments. {Sunan AbuDawud}

Thelower half of the hijab is a garment that does not show the woman's figure.Jeans and certain obvious garments do not meet this requirement.

NarratedDihyah ibn Khalifah al-Kalbi: The Apostle of Allah was brought some pieces offine Egyptian linen and he gave me one and said: Divide it into two; cut one ofthe pieces into a shirt and give the other to your wife for veil. Then when heturned away, he said: And order your wife to wear a garment below it and notshow her figure. {Sunan Abu Dawud}

NarratedUmm Atiyya: We were ordered to bring out our menstruating women and screenedwomen to the religious gatherings and invocation of the Muslims on the two Eidfestivals. These menstruating women were to keep away from the musalla. A womanasked, "O Messenger of Allah! What about one who does not have ajilbab?". He said, "Let her borrow the jilbab of her companion".{Sahih Bukhari 8:347}

RecommendedType of Garment

Thefemale companions were known to wear black and dark colors (such as the hadithabove, "crows on their heads"), but other colors are also permissiblefor a woman to wear. She must not wear any color, however, in vanity.

...'Aisha said that the lady (came),wearing a green veil ... {Sahih Bukhari 7.715}

thathe had seen Um Kulthum, the daughter of Allah's Apostle (saaws), wearing a redsilk garment. {Sahih Bukhari 7.733}

TheProphet (saaws) was given some clothes including a black Khamisa. The Prophetsaid, "To whom shall we give this to wear?" The people kept silentwhereupon the Prophet said, "Fetch Um Khalid for me." I (Um Khalid)was brought carried (as I was small girl at that time). The Prophet took theKhamisa in his hands and made me wear it and said, "May you live so longthat your dress will wear out and you will mend it many times." On theKhamisa there were some green or pale designs (The Prophet saw these designs)and said, "O Um Khalid! This is Sanah." (Sanah in a Ethiopian wordmeaning beautiful). {Sahih Bukhari 7.713}

NarratedAbdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As: We came down with the Apostle of Allah (peace beupon him) from a turning of a valley. He turned his attention to me and I waswearing a garment dyed with a reddish yellow dye. He asked: What is thisgarment over you? I recognised what he disliked. I then came to my family whowere burning their oven. I threw it (the garment) in it and came to him thenext day. He asked: Abdullah, what have you done with the garment? I informedhim about it. He said: Why did you not give it to one of your family to wear,for there is no harm in it for women.{Sunan Abu Dawud No 4055}

On theauthority of Ad'Diya Al-Maqdisi, the prophet (SAW) said: "Any woman whoperfumes herself and passes by some people that they smell her scent, then sheis a Zaniyah (adulteress)."

Hijaab is Prescribed in Islam and Christianity
    - Dr Zakir
    But Christians did not respect their book

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Liberation or SexploitationLook at the glossy cover of any magazine or advertisements on TV and newspaper, you will find that most of these advertisements have scantily dressed women in alluring poses to attract the attention of men. This proves that the Western society considers woman only as a sex symbol.The liberation of women in Islam is far superior to Western liberation as it allows women to live with respect, dignity and equality in society.Equality does not mean aping and behaving like men or dancing to their carnal tunes; that would be an act of inferiority in the face of one's own femininity.A truly liberated woman always dresses decently and modestly. A true woman will never degrade her body and sell her dignity to the highest bidder.

No woman is truly liberated if she is still the slave of her wayward conscience, bodily lust or infidelity.However, in Islam, women, whatever their role as mothers, wives, sisters or daughters, command respect and have a constructive role to play in society. The Hijab itself gives an aura of freedom to the womankind, facilitating their movement and protecting them from provocation and wanton greed of the human wolves. Removal of the Hijab makes you vulnerable to the lust of men.By removing your Hijab, you have destroyed your faith. Islam means submission to Allah (SWT) in all our actions. Those who refuse submission cannot be called Muslims.What is Hijab? (Hijaab (Muslim Veil),

Hejab (An Act of Faith), Islamic dress for women)There are many sisters who have failed to understand the actual meaning of Hijab. Hijab technically means covering. Islam desires the preservation of social tranquility and familial peace. Hence, it asks women to cover themselves in their inter-actions with men, whom they are not related to.Why is Hijab necessary? (Hijabs, Hijab Pictures, Hijab Girls, Hijabi Fashion)The dangerous consequences of the Western culture of nakedness and permissiveness are before us. We should think twice before blindly trying to imitate Western life-styles.

How should women observe Hijab correctly?Basically, the dress of ladies should cover the whole body except the face and hands (i.e. palms and fingers). Hair should not be exposed because Islam considers it as half of the total beauty of women. The Hijab could be of any form and color, a one-piece chader or a three-piece ensemble, as long as it is not tight fitting and does not attract people's attention.Baseless objections against Hijab • Hijab seeks to imprison women: Those who feel that Hijab

imprisons women should refrain from living in houses because it is nearer to a prison than Hijab.• Hijab subordinates women: In fact, culture, which promotes nakedness, takes people nearer to the culture of animals. Wearing the Hijab, on the contrary, liberates women from the trap of Western fashion and maladies. It gives them greater, rather than less freedom and mobility.

• Why only women? Science has confirmed that visual stimulation plays a predominant role in the physiology of men compared to women. The fact that the sex-industry in the West is targeted towards the male-market confirms it.• Victims of Ridicule: Some of our sisters come up with the excuse that the non-believers laugh at them if they observe Hijab and they feel degraded. They may laugh for a little

while but after some time they will have no choice but to respect the Muslim women observing Hijab for their discipline, which could not be shaken, by their little laughs.• Let us not forget the famous phrase: The one who laughs last laughs the longest.• Beauty is meant to be appreciated: True! But only by the husband. Hence women who truly love their husbands would never wish to be seen in public without Hijab.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.