The essence of the facts, page-570

1. 17,685 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    I think because humans have a need to explain that which they cannot explain. Isn’t there a biblical reference to “beyond all understanding “? I think in some ways that says it all. God explains what you cannot and so you achieve some form of psychological security.

ive not thought of it before but brain scans of people who mediate and achieve a state of “bliss” show an area of the brain that has been designated the god spot. However that state is more a sense of connection with a universal principle than it is generating a sense of some entity which represents that principle. That appears to be associated with those who practice religion and particularly monotheistic religions.

I am not aware of brain scans on children who are thinking of fairies and other imaginary creatures but I wonder if they might show activation of a similar spot

it begs the question of whether believing in god is a matter of training and thus strengthening certain neurons as well as being reinforced by psychological needs.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.