The essence of the facts, page-643

1. 6,689 Posts.
    Look they are all good points and you can relax, I do not believe in any way in Satan, the Devil, demons, evil spirits, demonic possession, or even the existence of evil beyond the living.

I think it can be argued that in the big picture, misfortune in this life is limited to life itself. If there is a spiritual dimension, then human imperfections do not cross over. Natural order is not perfect, but it may be a means to an end.

As for the dangerous planet, universe, etc. If it were not so then our solar system would not exist, the moon would not exist, a planet enriched in hydrocarbons and arable soils would not exist and we could not now be reaping the benefits of a planet terraformed to suit humans.

As for nature killing, etc, the system is amoral. It's like a single organism with so many checks and balances, that if not debased by humans it constantly produces new forms adapted to change. Only humans are subject to moral codes, a code of ethics. There are of course rudimentary codes within animal groups, but only humans can be said to be moral or immoral.

We don't know if natural processes need an intelligent creator or not? This Creator is not warm and fuzzy. I think even calling God an intelligent creator gets you heading in the wrong direction straight off. There is unlikely to be intelligence, because this can be measured and suggests a brain in action. It would be nothing that can be conceived by a human. It may be somehow embedded in the essence of every atom. I just don't think systems of natural order and evolution can arise and find such balance and order unless there exists some essence of will and purpose inherent in the entire system.

God is not a spirit person or a thing, it is the unseen essence of existence and motivates outcomes by an expression of will across countless billions of years. It's like a yearning that will find form no matter what in bringing forth a sentient being from nothing to witness the universe, which would not exist if we didn't exist, otherwise nothing did everything and my mind can't accomodate such a concept.

I need drugs and alcohol to make any sense of this.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.