The essence of the facts, page-28

1. 11,869 Posts.
    The bible points out such 'a very clear picture' that nobody can agree on what it says. The evidence for that can be seen in this forum.
    -------------------
    The Bible points out God is selective as to who he reveals information to, why and how he withholds it from others. It is made clear some things are confidential.
    (Amos 3:7) For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing Unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.

Notice, in Amos' day, the 9th century BCE, Jehovah revealed information through prophets. The first to hear it was the Israelite nation. That nation however often failed to listen to God's servants, preferring instead to listen to the Jewish hierarchy that pursued their own interests. Jesus exposed and denounced them the week ahead of their killing him.- Mark 12:1-11 The truth was just too humiliating for them to tolerate.
    (Mark 12:12) At that they wanted to seize him, but they feared the crowd, for they knew that he spoke the illustration with them in mind. So they left him and went away.
    Jesus too is selective as to whom he reveals the truth.
    (John 15:15) I no longer call you slaves, because a slave does not know what his master does. But I have called you friends, because I have made known to you all the things I have heard from my Father.
    Jesus spoke these words straight after he had dismissed Judas Iscariot. Why shouldn't those opposed to God's sovereignty be excluded?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.