When I posted "Given the current status of creation, I suspect...

1. 27,096 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    When I posted "Given the current status of creation, I suspect that this is not the best option" (an intelligent creator),
    I didn't have this in mind.
    Now this, current status of Creation, is an imagine process gleaned from a Bronze Age introduction to the processes of natural order.

What I had in mind was things like these in the current creation:
    1. Genetic disorders that mean that some suffer from these disorders that they inherited.
    2. We live on a dangerous planet plagued by storms, earthquakes, tsunamis etc
    3. We live in a dangerous universe in which the earth suffers from periodic mass extinctions which have led to opportunities for new species to evolve - a rather strange approach for an intelligent creator.
    4. In nature, many species have to kill to live and others have to breed at incredible rates to ensure enough individuals survive to produce subsequent generations.
    5. Like is or not complexity can evolve without a special intelligent intervention which is the basis of the Theory of Evolution.
    6. There are more.

To me, this status of creation suggests that the current status of creation is much more likely to be the result of blind natural processes than an intelligent creator.
    The natural processes that we understand don't require an intelligent creator, and I don't see any reason why the ones that we don't understand should require one. I'm not an advocate for the God of the Gaps.

Thank you for engaging with me on this topic.

PS I don't go along with the idea that some evil being created by the intelligent creator is allowed to be responsible for the issues outlined above.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.