LYC 1.30% $6.25 lynas rare earths limited

the facts of life, page-23

1. 191 Posts.
    imho,

I am not trying to downramp anything! I am trying to discuss, if there is going to be a significant delay in production or not.

We have a Bloomberg source quoting Mrs. Rebecca Fatima Sta Maria, secretary-general of the Southeast Asian nation's international trade and industry ministry saying "It may take one to two years for the IAEA's recommendations to be completed, Sta Maria said. A follow-up review should be conducted in this period, IAEA said in its report."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/06/30/bloomberg1376-LNL70B0UQVI901-71E6729TVKB1IKIA6NPMG2DGMI.DTL

We have from the same source a joint statement from International Trade and Industry Minister Mustapa Mohamed and Maximus Johnity Ongkili, minister of science, technology and innovation.

"Until this is done, the status quo remains: there will be no importation of raw materials into the country, and no operational activities will be allowed on site,"

NOW THESE STATEMENTS WERE PARTIALLY MADE BY AUTHORITIES OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATIONS

I would suggest to discuss, if these organisations have any credibility and/or possible influence on the decisions being made.

Lynas referred to these quotes saying:

"We have received confirmation from the Malaysian government that no spokesperson for the government stated a one to two-year delay as quoted by some media articles,'' a statement by Lynas said just after the market opened on Friday.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/lynas-shares-dive-despite-the-company-denying-reports-of-malaysian-project-delays/story-e6frede3-1226085494539

Now reading between the lines, this appears a little questionable to me. Not just because I have not read an official statement from the government, but because the statement shifts to a different issue. I admit I was wrong about that earlier thinking the quoted persons would all be from the Malaysian goverment.
    And since they were not, the statement from Lynas is highly misleading because this one crutial statements by Mrs. Rebecca Fatima Sta Maria was not referred to.

So finally it all comes down to the questions:

HOW LONG WILL IT REALLY TAKE LYNAS TO MEET THE 11 RECOMMENDATIONS?

and most important

WILL THERE BE A PRE-OPERATIONAL LICENSE BEFORE THE GENERAL ELECTIONS?

These are the vital questions that can and should be discussed freely on a stock forum, wouldn't you agree?

So in order to move on constructively, what is your opinion about those three organisations:

- Southeast Asian nation's international trade and industry ministry
    - International Trade and Industry Ministry
    - Ministry of science, technology and innovation (Malaysian)

regards
    Julia

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.25
Change
0.080(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $5.841B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.25 $6.26 $6.17 $15.83M 2.513M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 18985 $6.22

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.25 53073 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.