DGL 3.19% 48.5¢ dgl group limited

I hope you have decent risk management in place, all in is not...

1. 5,438 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 544
    I hope you have decent risk management in place, all in is not usually a good strategy for the stock market doesn't matter how good you think something is
    all in in DGL is very risky, the talk by the CEO and the number don't marry up and there are plenty ??? in the business it hard to decipher
    let me break it down some of these things

you talk about this is a monopoly business and it hard to replicate etc..etc.., but the number tell you this is a bad business with high capex and hardly a monopoly. Monopoly business usually enjoy net margin in excess of 10%, DGL margin is between 3-5%.
    Being a high capex business it doesn't take much for this margin to drop and start to get into trouble

If you want to demonstrate how good your business is your language should be in NPAT and underlying free cash flow
    all DGL talk is EBITDA and bugger all free all cash flow

and CEO admit he playing EBITDA arbitrate game and keep rolling up this is a dangerous game as if things don't work out
    you need to keep roll up to mask the problem and he openly admit he wont stop, if I am reading between the line
    their roll up aren't working and he need to go down this doom path

There are no institution holder it all retail and punters and insider that tell you stocks does pass their hurdle for investment grade or it has too many red flags

there is a comparable business (SRV) with 53% of the shares hold by founder and they got plenty of institutions on the register
    and you can see he uses a different language there all NPAT,, Free Cash Flow, expansion without a cent of debt, non stop dividend for decades

and regarding dividend payment, do you know company cant just simply declare dividend it has to pass the balance sheet test, that is the rule
    so test has to be past not for the group but for all the other companies under the mothership, if one of this company failed the test they cant paid dividend
    I doubt you ever see dividend in DGL

there are a lot more ??? but that probably too long for today

Last edited by ROEROC: 13/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DGL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.