the failure of science, page-7

1. 412 Posts.
    As Paul Davies has mentioned, science is far better on the 'hows' than the 'whys'. And it is inherent in human nature to want to know why we exist. Or why anything exists.
    Perhaps this is the reason why there will always be groups, like the creationists, who will disregard science, as it fails to satisfy that most basic human need?

"Multitudes of religions have come, gone and still exists and their gods exist in the minds of the practitioners until they are no longer practiced."

This is the argument I have always presented to my teenage kids when any discussion of religion has come up. I usually phrase it something like: there have been hundreds, possibly thousands of religions, many claiming to know the the big question. They cant all be right. Why would you want to believe any of them? They all die out eventually and are replaced by different ones? Scientific theories change and get abandoned as well, but that is accepted as part of the process.
    The logic must have appealed to them as I have heard them using this argument on some of their friends.
    The thing that stumps me is why cant other intelligent people with religious beliefs see this as well? Paul Keating, if you are reading this, tell us why someone as smart as yourself can hold catholic beliefs lol
    BTW, like your analysis on the cu plays.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.