LYC 1.65% $6.15 lynas rare earths limited

The faster the rise..., page-222

1. 337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "No point putting themselves in short term disruption."
    Yeah that was my point.
    But delaying opening up will have no meaningful effect.

"April - by that time the eastern states will have their Omicron numbers drastically reduce".
    Personally, I think that it is irrelevant, and a suppression mindset hangover.
    When they open and what the cases are anywhere else is irrelevant, except for ensuring the heath planning effort is ready.
    And WA couldn't be any more ready.

I think McGowan went a bit too far insisting on higher vaccine numbers than other states, and WA is now perilously out of step with the rest of the country, and have set themselves up for an explosion in cases, rather than a gradual increase, which is a much bigger risk to the health system.
    I know people love what he has achieved so far (who wouldn't) but past performance will not change what occurs when international and interstate arrivals start. And insisting on double or triple vax status of all WA citizens and visitors won't change that.

The issue is not what has occured elsewhere, but what the scenario is when it gets to WA.
    Vaccines don't stop people getting this, or passing it on. And there is zero natural immunity to any of the strains in the community in WA, which means it will be an event like lighting a match in a drought. (Cue hysteria, case number obsession, and calls to lockdown the state)
    It only takes one, it matters not where it comes from, and that one is coming.

WA is going from hard suppression to doors open, but I don't believe that they will immediately cease suppression measures. (RATS, self isolation, check ins, vaccine passports, contact tracing etc).
    The futility of those efforts for what will rapidly be an endemic disease is only now becoming more widely accepted, as it spreads rapidly.
    (See super spreader events in NSW nightclubs where everyone had to check in and be double vaxxed etc. So what is the point?)
    Look at the daily changes to control measures by the Feds now that supply chains and whole industries can't operate. They are finally getting it. There is no stopping this.
    Everything is being walked back at a rapid pace over east, but it is politically difficult to reduce suppression measures with increasing numbers, when they were what worked with previous strains.
    WA hasn't even had the pandemic yet, so i don't believe they will accept COVID as endemic on Feb 5.

So yeah, foreseeing difficult times for industry in WA after Feb 5, which includes LYC, if they do choose to open.......
    Particularly FIFO and worker camps like Laverton.
    The reason I care and share my thoughts on this is because I have skin in the game, and hold a number of WA based producers.
    Just reading market conditions.

Hopefully I am wrong.....but will be ready to buy on weaknesses.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.15
Change
0.100(1.65%)
Mkt cap ! $5.748B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.18 $6.37 $6.08 $26.63M 4.279M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 17840 $6.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.17 8880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.