LVT 0.00% 0.6¢ livetiles limited

The Figures and the Triggers, page-47

1. 1,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 489
    Lets not forget that "bundling" is code for discounting (no-one buys bundles for the $ sum of its parts), lengthens sales cycles and also lends itself to a god-awful sales process of shoving product for which there is a poorly defined or even non-existant need down a customer's throat. Bundling is great in short sales cycle / transactional sales environment. Like a cable TV subscription...sure why not, I really only watch sport but for $5 more a month I might perv on a Kardashian. But for a true consulting solution sales mindset that changes business processes? Why would a true sales professional need this? In my experience bundling is catering to your bottom 20% of sales people who are out of their depth. Why does LVT need to resort to this? Are their channel partner sales people not understanding it? Not prioriting it over other easier to sell solutions? Have they not organised their sales efforts into hunters and farmers effectively? Bundling is also a short pathway to poor roll out (i couldnt count the times in my past installation consultants would hear "oh dont worry about that now, we really only wanted xxx but we got a good deal on xxx +yyy from the salesperson so we might look at installing/using that in six months time) and lower satisfaction and attrition (turns out i rarely bothered watching the Kardashians afterall because sport is my thing). Bundling is usually also associated with 'special' incentives for salespeople to further eat into the discounted margins.

This smacks of desperation, discounting and poor onramping/training and poor quality sales teams to me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LVT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.