BPH 5.56% 1.7¢ bph energy ltd

@assailed - Yes, of course there is very great risk in BPH and...

1. 781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    @assailed -

Yes, of course there is very great risk in BPH and in the stock market generally. There is very little in life that doesn't have risk I think - sure as hell I saw it everyday as a member of the thin blue line for 25 years. But there are ways to manage risk - for example I always prefer to buy shares directly from a company rather than on the market not necessarily because it lessens the risk at all but it seems more of a calculated risk and in BPH's case, I know my money will be drilling a tiny part of that borehole at Baleen. It feels more fulfilling somehow.

If you want less risk, perhaps try physical gold and silver or related stocks I say - but there's still risk there too of course. Precious metals are my ultimate insurance policy and savings scheme wrapped into one - a fantastic way of making sure I have "cash" on hand when CRs in companies I like come along.

I think the greatest risk we face currently though is entirely out of everyone's control - and that is the economic catastrophe unfolding amidst the Coronavirus. Many economists are predicting another stock market crash soon - the market is currently buoyed by quantitative easing and governments around the world flooding economies with cash and the "bubbles" will burst. People are prone to panic and will sell off shares even in something as prospectively beneficial as PEP11, simply because other people are panicking... That's worrying.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
-0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $20.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $44.42K 2.473M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
37 4730880 1.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.8¢ 1531903 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.19pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.