Don't you think that it's a theology of fear? In the first...

1. 22,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    Don't you think that it's a theology of fear?

In the first paragraph it says:

But don’t let this alarm you—take heart! Millions have already found the judgment message revealed in this Study Guide to be very good news! On four occasions when the book of Revelation mentions the great judgment, it brings forth praise and thanksgiving!

But yeah, fear would fill a person, no matter how good or bad when facing the reality of the biblical theology of judgement.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

But I suppose it wouldn't be all too much scarier than some of the attrocities mankind has inflicted on each other and many are brave to take up arms to face those fears.
    Even hell is shown to be a place where the human being can tolerate just enough to exist and groan about it:

24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

At least in hell there won't be any discrimination, war, torturing, killing or being killed. All equal.

They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth..

Sounds like a sookfest. Manup!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.