Mal 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger (John), and he shall...

1. 939 Posts.

Mal 3:1 - Behold, I will send my messenger (John), and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith Yahweh of hosts.

"The way at first (13 verses) is being prepared for (about) Yahweh, who is about to send his only begotten Son.
    Hence Jesus "suddenly" shows up at verse 1:14."

Sorry Wotsup but John is preparing the way before the Lord Jesus.
    There is only one that John said was coming after him and that was Jesus.

Matt 3:11
    1I indeed baptize you with b water unto repentance, but after me is coming He who is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to carry the sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire, 12whose winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will clear His threshing floor and will gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Wotsup ,
    John1:1-13 is about Jesus who is the true light coming into the world.
    John witnessed about the light and said he was not fit to untie his sandals

John1:1-32
    The Beginning
    (Genesis 1:1–2; Hebrews 11:1–3)
    1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. mce-anchor2He was with God in the beginning. mce-anchor3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made. mce-anchor4In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. mce-anchor5The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomea it.mce-anchor
    The Witness of John
    6There came a man who was sent from God. His name was John. mce-anchor7He came as a witness to testify about the Light, so that through him everyone might believe. mce-anchor8He himself was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.mce-anchor
    9The true Light who gives light to every man was coming into the world. mce-anchor10He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him. mce-anchor11He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. mce-anchor12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— mce-anchor13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.mce-anchor
    The Word Became Flesh
    (Psalm 84:1–12)
    14The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.b We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Sonc from the Father, full of grace and truth.mce-anchor
    15John testified concerning Him. He cried out, saying, “This is He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me.’ ”mce-anchor
    16From His fullness we have all received grace upon grace. mce-anchor17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. mce-anchor18No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is Himself God andd is at the Father’s side,e has made Him known.mce-anchor
    The Mission of John the Baptist
    (Isaiah 40:1–5; Matthew 3:1–12; Mark 1:1–8; Luke 3:1–20)
    19And this was John’s testimony when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him, “Who are you?” mce-anchor20He did not refuse to confess, but openly declared, “I am not the Christ.”mce-anchor
    21“Then who are you?” they inquired. “Are you Elijah?”
    He said, “I am not.”
    “Are you the Prophet?”
    He answered, “No.”mce-anchor
    22So they said to him, “Who are you? We need an answer for those who sent us. What do you say about yourself?”mce-anchor
    23John replied in the words of Isaiah the prophet:
    “I am a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
    ‘Make straight the way for the Lord.’ ”fmce-anchor
    24Then the Pharisees who had been sent mce-anchor25asked him, “Why then do you baptize, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?”mce-anchor
    26“I baptize withg water,” John replied, “but among you stands One you do not know. mce-anchor27He is the One who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”mce-anchor
    28All this happened at Bethany beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.mce-anchor
    Jesus the Lamb of God
    (Matthew 3:13–17; Mark 1:9–11; Luke 3:21–22)
    29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! mce-anchor30This is He of whom I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because He was before me.’ mce-anchor31I myself did not know Him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that He might be revealed to Israel.”mce-anchor
    32Then John testified, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove and resting on Him. mce-anchor33I myself did not know Him, but the One who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit descend and rest is He who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ mce-anchor34I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.h

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.