APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Hi Ambledream, techinvest17 and dhnCopp0y, I will try and answer...

1. 827 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 633
    Hi Ambledream, techinvest17 and dhnCopp0y,

I will try and answer in 1 post - the APT shares have been trading in what is called a "deferred settlement status" which means that the normal T+2 settlement does not apply on the ASX. Why ? Because you don't have your APT shares yet, we still have AFY and TCH shares which are yet to be converted. This is being done on 6/7/17 and from what I last saw, they are sending out the shareholder statements 7/7/17. Monday 10/7/17 will be the first day of normal trading at T+2.

Because its pretty simple to work out AFY 1 for 1 and TCH 0.64 for 1 means that if you held 1000 AFY you could safely sell 1000 APT. For TCH you could sell 640 APT shares for every 1000 TCH you held. Therefore we can buy and sell APT shares.... just wait longer to pay and also be paid. If you need help working out how many you have, ring Computershare on 1300 059019.

The reason for the $3 trading price being up 10% or so - well that's just what some clown is willing to pay on the given day, just like any other, BUT I am sure the fact that the merger was consummated and APT now has TCH's cash means that any rights issue to raise extra capital is probably off the table for a while, so the buyers were keen. I hope they stay that way !

Good luck to all and lets see what the quarterly figures look like.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.