The topic is confusing. I think most people know the French were...

1. 9,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    The topic is confusing. I think most people know the French were repulsively brutal colonialists. Are colonialists, in fact, as they're still doing it. So that's not a "gotcha" of an argument.

The sub deal seemed to be going nowhere too, and probably the contract needed to be ended.

The issue as I see it is Morrison can't manage change and policy. He just announces it at a media conference and people, not being properly informed, feel betrayed and get much more angry than they would have if he had managed that change directly with them.

He just can't lead. A few examples:
    • Needlessly confronting China, while needlessly alienating France and the EU. That is, sending trade with our largest trading partner into a death spiral, while screwing up a trade deal with our third largest partner.
    • Racking up decades of debt while destroying our trading capacity to pay for it.
    • Stuffing up quarantine and vaccine rollout, his main responsibilities.
    • Woeful bushfire preparedness and response, robodebt, dodgy land deals, porkbarreling electorates, dodgy water buybacks, contracts for mates, attempts to give religious organisations power to withhold taxpayer-funded services from secular Australians, a toxic culture of alleged rape and sexual harassment in parliament, etc. etc. etc.

You might detest Macron, but is he correct in indicating that Morrison is an incompetent liar who can't be trusted? Of course he's correct. We have all witnessed that daily.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.