Well, Geneva is in Switzerland my friend - money is what they...

1. mbc
    1,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 436
    Well, Geneva is in Switzerland my friend - money is what they do. Also watches.

It was mostly Americans to be honest, “sophisticated” investors, brokers etc .. There’s a lot of money sloshing around for lithium now.

To be fair, it’s not like I asked everyone about ASN, but the times I found myself discussing various North American projects and I mentioned it and nobody ever knew about it. So perhaps some people did know and I just happened to not talk to them about it, or to them.

The industry veterans like Joe aren’t against DLE, they simply understand there’s no single magic technology that you can drop in and make quality lithium products as much of the hype would have people believe. They are right. The onus is on any DLE projects to prove their worth, not the other way around - and the only way to do that is to get to production economically. How many have in last 5 years?

So far Joe has been quite impressed with SLI (one of my biggest lithium holdings) and had them on really early in his podcast series before they had built their plant (they were SLL on TSX back then). Just the other day he said he expects them to be first to large scale production, which personally I expect also.

DLE projects are high risk the technologies have never been deployed on the kind of scale being planned, I think higher risk than most investors realise. Most projects won’t make it to production.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.