SPX 11.1% 0.8¢ spenda limited

The full Q and A. So much here that connects the dots to come!!, page-266

1. 1,332 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    "This whole ' Zero Sum ' thesis has been debunked by many and is merely now more of a Myth than anything else implicitly defined."

OK, I accept that "technically" it may not be an exactly zero-sum game in some circumstances.
    I'm not bothered either way, because that wasn't really my point.

My point was more about traders and investors both being emotionless, and both holding no empathy for other market participants.
    That is the nature of investing, as well as trading.
    So one group should not be singled out above the other.

In order for me to profit 100% from an investment, I need some poor bugger willing to pay double what I paid for a stock.
    I don't stop to consider if that is a fair price for the guy buying from me (it is obvious I don't think that because I am selling).
    I don't pause and reflect whether this sale would be a good or sensible purchase for the counterparty, and whether they might be able to squeeze more out of the price down the track.
    I don't stop and tell them why I am selling (even if I know something they probably don't).
    No.
    I gladly take their offer and run!
    Then I feel good about doubling my money.
    Not a second thought for the poor bugger who funded my profit, and bought a stock from me for double what I paid.
    No empathy. Emotionally happy that I sapped double my stake out of a complete stranger.

You can piece together all the hypotheticals you want to sugar-coat a gained profit, like assuming price will keep rising, or pretending you sold CRO so SP rise is inevitable and both party's win, but pretending like that isn't representative of an investor's thought process.

In the end we are all unempathetically happy when we win at someone else's expense.

Last edited by wrcmad: 10/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $34.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $5.38K 616.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1289232 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 4747129 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.