Having finished "The Snowball" bestseller about Warren Buffett i...

1. 2,656 Posts.
    Having finished "The Snowball" bestseller about Warren Buffett i went in search of new reading material that suited his investment style. I come across a book titled "The Future for Investors" by Jeremy Siegel in a book store recently in Abu Dhabi, and for 140Dirhams has been worthwhile.

He speaks of long term investment strategies and the importance of dividends. That sectors that are slowing or shrinking and have lower P/E ratios offer far beeter returns due to low expectation.

He also warns about how "bubbles" form in any market and how to identify them. The tech bubble etc are shown and it illustrates the strategies needed to make an exit of these sectors and stocks.

Also a lot of data comparing the S&P 500 of 1957 and that of 2007. The comparisons are drawn on dividends, sector weightings and brand name power.

The author is a well known journalist of The Wall St Journal and a lecturer at the Wharton School of Business where Buffett attended.

Personally i am going to start applying the priciples he speaks of and start looking for well known companies in shrinking sectors and modest P/E ratios for my long term portfolio.

All the best.

Bacchus

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.