AZJ 0.27% $3.71 aurizon holdings limited

The future of AZJ, page-136

1. 377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    It is probable.

However, it is equally probable that coal demand will more or less stay unchanged for at least another 20-30 years (see IEA outlook for scenarios).
    Clean new coal stations have many benefits vs renewables in the developing world (Africa, Asia). Some economies in these regions are expected to double/triple within the next decades; this in turn needs infrastcture, cheap and reliable industrial power, cheap and reliable residential power for the new middle class arising from the demographic changes.

I am an acacemic by the way in the field of renewables (mainly wind) with several publications and currently teaching at UNSW RE engineering for all that matters. Renewables have their niche uses, but the way I see it it is unrealistic for a developing, poor nation to sustainably grow if it relies on them. Even for developed nations, RE is more of a political choice rather than an improvement to our power infrastructure and availability. If the climate craziness ever wanes, RE will quickly lose its competitiveness (and I'll probably lose my job, but it is what it is, we cannot be biased).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.71
Change
0.010(0.27%)
Mkt cap ! $6.829B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.70 $3.73 $3.69 $25.76M 6.948M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 33081 $3.69

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.72 116856 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.