AZJ 1.15% $3.51 aurizon holdings limited

The future of AZJ, page-334

1. 10,757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1419
    Yes, BNSF is a great company, with my rail journeys on the USA's Amtrak long distance trains often a great 'viewing platform' from which to see lengthy BNSF intermodal trains snaking by.

Here's some good news from CRN (via 'The Oz' this morning) to warm the cockles of our politically incorrect hearts:

"Queensland-based coal miner Coronado says demand for met coal is increasing in Europe, but with current production already contracted, including to top export market India, "there is little opportunity to service additional markets".

The group has benefitted from record high met coal prices – including index pricing reaching a new record of $US670 per tonne in March 2022 – on the back of geopolitical factors, including Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"Strong demand, tight supply and geopolitical issues are currently underpinning record price cycle and record Coronado price realisations," chairman Bill Koeck says in a speech to investors at Thursday's annual meeting.

It comes as India's seaborne met coal demand is forecast to increase 141 per cent by 2050 and Coronado is "well positioned", he says.

While US operations are at full capacity servicing the domestic market and export market China, the Australian operations are focused on India, Japan, Taiwan and Korea.

Coronado plans to boost production at its Curragh mine in Queensland to 13.5 million tonnes by 2025 to capture growing demand."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.