AZJ 0.88% $3.36 aurizon holdings limited

It appears (to what extent and for whom I don't know - GrainCorp...

1. 10,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1402
    It appears (to what extent and for whom I don't know - GrainCorp that has existing contracts with Pacific National, Manildra Flour , Cargills-AWB or another handler?) AZJ is about to move into providing grain trains in southern NSW.

If I find out more I will update.

With three bumper crops in a row on the east coast (caveat: NSW not as good as Victoria and Queensland from the April 2022 plantings, but still respectable output and yields), handlers are under pressure as the Ukrainian situation and some previous droughts elsewhere in France and so on means international demand for the exportable surplus of wheat in particular is very, very good.

Unlisted Pacific National, for instance handles GNC grain and has a large program of trains pretty much operating seven days a week from the NSW Riverina, largely to Port Kembla's Inner Harbour.

Unlisted Bendigo, Vic based Southern Shorthaul Railroad has a regular grain train conveying from The Rock (on the Sydney-Melbourne line) to the Port of Melbourne.

Listed QUb is hauling grain from Dimboola, western Victoria to Junee, NSW with it perhaps going elsewhere after that, such as for domestic use or export. Not sure on the details.

I would be surprised if AZJ had any grain wagons spare but perhaps it may convert some coal wagons.

Of course, at some stage there will be a drought as is normal for Oz so any investment can't be overdone, although there's so much grain at present that the handlers are going to be extremely busy for at least 18 months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZJ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.36
Change
-0.030(0.88%)
Mkt cap ! $6.184B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.39 $3.40 $3.34 $26.03M 7.756M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 60787 $3.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.36 80597 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZJ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.