NXT 0.96% $16.53 nextdc limited

the future of datacentres, page-6

1. 1,181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    @paulmus1
    "State gov won't use NXT and i doubt Federal will too. "

Thats possibly correct for the time being. Most level's of government have plans to consolidate their Data Centre needs and have convened to have a small panel of providers which departments must use, rather than the hapazard approach of yesterday. NXT are not part of this panel so far.

"I am somewhat involed with the AUST Post relocation. Haven't bother to see who they are moving too. "

They are moving to NEXTDC (M1), they have already spoken in quite a bit of detail on their plans.

"I have been involved with Global Switch, Fujitsu, Mac telecom, and all the major DCs around Aus and won't be touching NXT. The price may change due to speculation however it wont be on results to date."

Your right there will be/has been a reasonable amount coming online. Arguably their are different segments too but. Global Switch are big and similar to NextDC (selling power & space), but Fujitsu/Mac Telecom are different as you are paying for management on top.

Who know's to what extent, older & less efficient data centers will be closed down over time to offset new capacity.

Sure "Cloud" will provide some consolidation, but there's still an incredible amount of ICT, being run out of business premises that don't live upto todays standards.

New technology is offering more density, but can your standard business cope with the increased power & cooling requirements? Redundancy?

At the sametime as businesses are moving to the "Cloud", new levels of serivce are also being demanded, e.g. interactive, video, high quality, etc...(e.g. look at how your simple news site, or online banking portal have changed over time.) Requirements are increasing rapidly at the sametime.

Even big businesses will want credible fallbacks for redundancy, backup, etc..so "Cloud" will continue to spinoff business to existing market players. Not to mention these "Clouds" need to be hosted somewhere.

Thats before you even get onto the topic of "Data Sovereignty" and "Control".

"As for federal clients well ato, customs and many more are spread through out these DCs"

In a lot of cases, these are "existing" "ongoing" agreements.

"I know who has won the state gov contract and its not NXT"

Everyone does, its on the web.

I do however agree with hazarding caution, I'll carefully be watching take up rates/revenue over the next few reports before jumping back in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.