NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

The future of platinum mining in South Africa, page-2

1. 4,863 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    • Labour relationships appear to have a great deal to be concerned about. The protracted strikes, IMO, are a symptom of an unhealthy chasm between unions and management. TheMarikana massacre on 16 August 2012 during a miners' strike brings back memories of the darkest days of apartheid South Africa.
    • The scarcity of platinum, IMO, is a two edged sword. Scarcity should imply higher prices. But platinum prices, IMO, have not spiked in spite of obvious supply problems. If I relied on a perceived unreliable platinum supply for my business, I think that I would seriously search solutions that don't include platinum. Investors in physical precious metals don't appear to be buying into the “scarcity value” proposition in great numbers.
    • The political landscape doesn't fill me with confidence. Political organisations advocating nationalisation on mines seem to be gaining traction. They seem to ignore the obvious point that there would never be enough capital available to the public sector to run the mining sector.
    In summary.
    • From a technical point of view the risk, IMO, is acceptable especially relative to other mining ventures.
    • The real risk, IMO, is political in nature, and the way it all plays out will depend on whether a bit of common sense couple with bit of humanity is allowed to influence matters.

WHEREU

I noticed that all your past posts had religious content. This is your first NKP post for some time I gather

Have you had an apparitional experience?

If so did you witness Zijin taking over our shares? If so at what price? Forget about the Platinum Industry future and dynamics as we all want out asap.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.