CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

the future, page-5

1. 283 Posts.
    mapreader, the value proposition can be shared by both the Utility and the Householder. The cost savings achieved due to the High Efficiency of the BlueGen unit can be shared by both the Utility and the Householder.

To build a brand new Coal fired power station costs multiple Billions of dollars. And with the prospect of a Carbon Tax becoming Legislation, no-one is willing to committ to building one in Australia. Obviously in Germany, UK they have Feed-in-Tariffs which include Fuel Cells.

I haven't done the numbers on it (very hard to quantify) but I'm sure E.On and GDF Suez are testing to quantify whether Decentralised Energy using Fuel Cells (1,000's of Fuel Cells across 1,000's of Homes) provides a commercially viable Kw/hour of Electricity Generation VS Centralised Energy (taking into consideration the cost of building brand new Centralised Energy Infrastructure). And it may be possible that if CFU can get the BlueGen cost down to $8,000 per unit, maybe Decentralised Energy is a more intelligent option (because alot less Energy wastage)? It's the economies-of-scale in Energy Efficiency that Decentralised Energy achieves which is the Value Proposition. And Utilities stand to benefit from it. They can pass on some of their cost savings to Customers - with the end result being Customer getting a cheaper Kw/hour than normal Retail price and Utility is consuming alot less water, coal, Oil etc. per Kw/hour of Electricity generated. Obviously these resources cost money!

http://www.cfcl.com.au/Value_Proposition/

This is all just my own speculation and everyone should do their own research

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.