CZD 3.13% 9.3¢ calzada limited

Dear Calzadians, Here are my thoughts on CZD and where we are...

1. 163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    Dear Calzadians,

Here are my thoughts on CZD and where we are at...

Looking at the website for polynovo (a tab of the calzada site) shows the current BTM trial is being run by Royal Adelaide Hospital consultant plastic surgeons Caplash and Wagstaff. I was assuming that as Dr Greenwood is also at this hospital that he was the person undertaking the surgery and research. While this maybe ok, the perceived bias given his involvement with NovoSkin and NovoWound would have the potential to give doubters some latitude for criticism... hence I am somewhat happier with the current circumstance here.

I've not been able to identify who is doing the surgery and research with the vacuum dressings but as this is not an area where burns surgeons are involved I am assuming it that Dr Greenwood is also not the primary surgeon in this case.

I understand the vac dressing market is approx $400milion/yr with granufoam having 80%... or a $320million turnover per year. Looking at the KPI website (owners of granufoam) Pg 13 of their document on the below address (very bottom of this post) says under the title "Foam removal" that bleeding can be a side effect and a reason to discontinue the therapy... hence as long as the 20 person trial is a winner Calzada has sorted out the issue of bleeding as any residual BTM type foam does not need to be picked out of the would... hence with a degree of guessing/prediction... even with Calzada picking up 10% of this turnover... at 32million/yr, the SP will get to a point where supportive shareholders are rewarded handsomely.

Now, here is my issue and what I am keen to discuss at the AGM... what value do the CZD board put on the Polynovo IP?? As long as these studies continue successfully CZD are close to two products being taken to market well within the next 2 years. The long term value of the company exists in the numerous yet to be identified medical and vetinary uses of such a widely variable and safe biodegradable product...

Hence my prediction in past postings of CZD becoming a blue chip biotech I hope is correct but I am personally keen for Polynovo to remain an AUSTRALIAN owned biotech and for royalties to stay here. Our current risk is the board agreeing that "fair value" for a Polynovo sale is at a certain level and this company to head o/seas...

Anyone share this concern, especially with no board members being current shareholders??

Gav

(http://www.kci-medical.ca/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-type&blobheadername2=Content-disposition&blobheadername3=MDT-Type&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3D50%252F964%252FVAC%2BTherapy%2BClinical%2BGuidelines%2B-%2BEnglish.pdf&blobheadervalue3=abinary%3B+charset%3DUTF-8&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1226661737604&ssbinary=true)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CZD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.