AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

@combasteThanks for your post I appreciate your input...

1. GD4
    129 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    @combaste

Thanks for your post I appreciate your input particularly from another country. I believe I am following your rules to some degree. I am holding 7.5 million AVZ shares and holding long without debt.

My concern in Australia in relation to EV uptake is that most people's vision at some point in time, is that we are vast country with distance issues for EV's. We also have a massive tax reliance on excise duty ( tax on our fuel) which goes a long way to managing the condition of our roads and further infrastructure and I believe our government at this point is showing a reluctance to push forward on any incentive based model for Australians to purchase an EV. That of course doesn't mean it wouldn't happen in the future as we are in the middle of pandemic and also have relationship issues with China to some degree which may or may not change government policy in the future not to mention climate change.

At this point in time if an Australian consumer is wanting to purchase a new car they have the dilemma that their are no government incentives to buy an EV and they are currently very expensive and why would you buy a new ICE now because in the short term it is going to become old technology. Most consumers I think would be waiting and I think Australia's EV uptake in comparison to other countries will be a lot slower for that reason and this is another reason why I appreciate you posting on this forum from another countries perspective.

Further to that there are multiple levels as to when the take up for a consumer for an EV becomes more attractive. A person who owns a standard daily drive and wants to buy a new car, possibly an EV is in a very different situation to somebody who owns a sports car like Roller's Porsche which is why I asked the question.

Thanks to Cruiser for your answer as well it made a lot of sense.

AIMO GLTAH.
    Last edited by GD4: 25/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.