BNB babcock & brown limited

At the risk of being eaten alive, I still think this stock shows...

1. 69 Posts.
    At the risk of being eaten alive, I still think this stock shows promise. Sure it won’t get back to $33 but maybe over time back to $8-10.

The main reason for the fall last week and this week (above market moves) is the big banks have set their LVR to zero on standard margin loans. As the BNB trading window is not open for staff, I would imagine their banks are selling the stock from under them.

I’m sure if the staff had the choice they would not sell at this level. As 43% holders with limited trading windows, I would imagine staff use margin loans for cash flow so there would be a fair amount of stock tied to margin loans and thus the current effect on the SP

Even though ANZ deadline is tomorrow, it may take a few more weeks to sell down margin loans. I remember when ANZ sold down Opes Prime stocks, they did so over some time.

AS for thefuture, their main problem is asset depreciation and reputation. I don’t believe they have the problems as Lehmans, they are not exposed to US sub prime. They have not reported a loss.
    I don’t believe this company is insolvent. I have seen no evidence of this if anyone can provide evidence I would like to see it. They are still reporting profits, not losses.

I see their business moving forward as an asset developer and manager, no longer a fund manager (for future funds due to reputation problems). There is good revenue in development just look at the infrastructure results in their report, these were excellent. Pension funds are always looking for stable cash generating assets and will provide development funding.

The equity of Wind assets alone is probably larger than the market cap at the moment. We will need to be patient and await sale results due late in the next quarter. By most analysis a large profit is expected here, this should offset any right downs in other asset classes. Generally the assets held by BNB and Sats are quality assets.

They are not in breach of their debt obligations, they have capital (including the recently retained dividend)

I have heard the arguments against so there is no need to repeat, so I guess we will just have to read the posts in 12 months time and see.

One for the bottom draw atm.
    IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.