GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Great post Pinto, both of them.The first had me thinking, the...

1. 172 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 42
    Great post Pinto, both of them.

The first had me thinking, the second has confirmed some of the answers for me.

I'm a gold investor for now, 90% physical bullion, 10% cash, no house, no debt, no shares.

At a realistic price level I'll sell my gold, just as I did my house, I wont be greedy.

From what I understand, when currencies/governments fail, wealth moves to perceived safe options, smart money moves to what's cheap and unwanted but logically has long term value, but is also emotionally very hard to do. I also don't think all fiat currencies will fail at the same time and most will still play a role in helping me transfer my wealth.

I'm hoping when I sell my gold houses are cheap, because I like owning my own house, but I wont be buying for investment, I'll be buying to live and wont be leveraged into it. If they're not cheap, I'll wait.

With the balance I hope to buy solid blue chips that have been smacked around (e.g. BHP at $20 a couple of years ago) OR government bonds that have high yields (e.g. like the ones that sold for +17% in the last gold bull / inflation scare 30 odd years ago). I know that sounds crazy to some, but do some research on what the banking cartel or most wealthy families did the last time bonds got that high. Not all governments are as bad as others, and for one example, once the China bubble has burst and adjusts, Australia will still be a major exporter of commodities to the world.

I wont be precious, I'll just buy what others hate at the time, who knows that might even be a vintage sports car or a historically important fine art painting. Might be fun driving driving an Aston Martin DB5 until the economy picks up again :-)

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.