The gay lobby strengthens...

1. 10,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Brisbane preselection: Trevor Evans to run for LNP

April 14, 2016 9:40pm
    Chris HonneryThe Courier-Mail

THE former National Retail Association CEO has been preselected as the LNP candidate to take over from Teresa Gambaro for the federal seat of Brisbane.
    Trevor Evans faced up against long-time LNP member Mary-Caroline Van Passen, Australian Institute of Medical Scientists chief Dr Edward Fraser and Sean Jacobs during the preselection process.

Mr Evans said he was honoured to be the candidate for the key seat of Brisbane.
    “I am passionate about building opportunities for the people who also call this great city home,” he said.

“My priorities, like those of the Turnbull government, are economic and business growth to create the jobs we need now and into the future.
    “Through my professional career, I have been a great supporter and advocate of small businesses, negotiating with governments of all sides, to achieve positive outcomes for all parties.”

Mr Evans was an early contender to replace Teresa Gambaro, who announced she won’t be re-contesting her seat at the next federal election.
    She has held the seat since 2010.

With a federal election looming as early as July, Mr Evans said he hoped to find out what concerned locals most.
    “I look forward to meeting and listening to as many people I can throughout Brisbane about the issues important to them.”
    Mr Evans will come up against Labor’s preselected candidate Pat O’Neil.

It will be the first time two openly-gay candidates represented both major parties in an electorate.

Gee, the homosexual community will be totally beside themselves...two candidates to choose from, one each side....wow. A first ever I am sure!
    Well for me this has just sealed my decision in the upcoming election.

Being I do not and cannot support gay marriage in any way shape or form, I guess the LNP local candidate will not get my vote at this election. I could not with a clear conscience vote for a homosexual to make the rules for me...sorry Mal.

I don't believe I am "Homophobic", as I don't "hate" homosexuals, I was bought up in a Christian household and can't turn my back on my own moral compass.
    Last edited by boatboy: 15/04/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.